Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Demand Replay

In an effort to diversify the content of Saurian Sagacity we present the “Master’s” age group results (40-49) of last evening’s PAL (Police Athletic League) mile race in Boca Raton.

Naturally the only reason we do so is it has something to do with me.

My friend and I entered the race with a wager of a beer to the winner (between us two – there was no chance 2 forty-somethings were winning the race). The results for our age group (with names removed, and modified where needed) were –

























That’s right – the SOB beat me by 7/10ths of a second.

I simply made my move to soon. With about 75 yards to go I passed him. Thinking I had him I didn’t seem him surge up, and he caught me at the finish. I let out an expletive that was totally inappropriate for the family nature of the event.

He said he might have let me go if I hadn’t given him “that look”. Note to self – remove “the look” from your repertoire.

The best part is the bartender wouldn’t break my large bill, so he bought the beer anyway.

No comments: