Wednesday, August 22, 2007

BlogPoll

While not quite as self-loathing about our BlogPoll votes as Every Day Should Be Saturday is about their own, I do agree that polls at this point are simply crap.

Were it up to me, polls would be illegal until October. Even mentioning one would get you deported to places were only Futbol is played.

For my own voting this year, I am essentially going to ignore any game a BCS conference team plays against a non-BCS conference team (or, goodness forbid, an non-Division I team) unless –

1. That BCS conference team doesn’t beat the snot out of that “other” team, in which case they get demoted, or;

2. That BCS conference team loses to that “other” team, in which case they will be banished from anywhere remotely near my top 25 for this season, and maybe for next season too.

Thus, the only “real” games the first weekend are –

Oklahoma State at Georgia
Tennessee at Cal
FSU at Clemson
Kansas State at Auburn
Georgia Tech at Notre Dame

I may have missed some, but you get the gist.

No comments: