Thursday, September 11, 2008

I’m Not Trying to Attract Attention

I know the way I vote my poll is controversial. Along with Dr. Saturday (nee Sunday Morning Quarterback) and Notre Dame blog The Rakes of Mallow I am one of three bona fide “resume” voters in the BlogPoll.

My fellow resume ranker’s efforts from Week 2 are here and here. All-in-all, not too different from my voting. Which in turn shows the process can be defined, and applied.

Our voting is very different than the bland “consensus” that makes up polls like the AP. If the effort of the BlogPoll is to create something other than conventional wisdom, the three of us are doing it.

I feel honored to be a BlogPoll voter, and I’m not trying to stir up controversy. Saurian Sagacity has long been a critic of polling (and the BCS), and, thanks to Mgoblog , the BlogPoll gives us a chance to show how it could be.

How it should be.

No comments: