Friday, December 15, 2006

The dumbest poll you have EVER seen.

ESPN.com has reached the height of idiocy by fielding the following poll:

If Florida beats Ohio State and State and Michigan beats USC, which team should be ranked No. 1?

The answer choices are Florida, Michigan and Ohio State.

My question to the brain trust at ESPN is this: Don't the games matter anymore? I mean if Florida beats the team that beat Michigan doesn't that make Florida better than both of those teams? I could see Michigan fans saying Michigan because they feel they somehow got robbed (don't get me started with those crybabies), and true to form 73% of the voters from Michigan say the Wolverines should be ranked #1. But 8% of the respondents say that Ohio State should be ranked number 1 even if they lose on January 8th. In Ohio that number is a ridiculous 34%. Oh I forgot we're supposed annoint these champions and disregard the results of games we see with our own zooking eyes!

Jesus H. Christ, this getting dumb.

3 comments:

pojo said...

Henry...great blog, and this is coming from an OSU site.

It's good to see some posts from someone ready to talk football.

It should be a fun 3 months. Check out my site, The POJO Dojo. Please realize that I'm a bit of an emotional and sarcastic fan, but when it gets right down to it, I like talking football.

So take SOME of what I say with a grain of salt.

All that said, it should be a great game!

pojo said...

I've added you to my link list...enjoy the blog...

oh, and I'm a teacher, and my grade level focuses on Northwestern hemisphere. We spend a good deal of our first semester talking about Cuba, and in particular, Castro's takeover. We do some real life simulations to show the kids how Castro's promises led to his coup, and how Cuba is worse off because of it...

Rambling a bit...but you get the idea...

Anonymous said...

Where is my option for Boise State? How dare ESPN not include the Broncos!